Wednesday 2 April 2014

Art For The Fun Of It - Catch Up!

Hello lovely peeps!

Hope you're well and enjoying the SPRING that's been springing everywhere? Aaaah....the end of winter! I've been MASSIVELY busy - with LIFE, apart from anything else.... where does time go?

 I HAVE managed some artyness, though, mainly my own li'l personal journal (now and again), and also my 'stitched-in' art book, which I'm filling with pictures for mum of all the lovely places we've been together and the beautiful things we've seen this year.

I've added a page which you can find over in the right hand margin there under "Art For The Fun Of It" Journal or just click HERE.  I've included MOST of the finished pages to date so that you could have a root through them and let me know which ones, if any, that you'd like me to feature in the blog posts here, or maybe do tutorials or something. Feel free to have a rummage around and either leave me a comment here, or email me at artyshroo@gmail.com, ok?  Here's a taster -






I hope you enjoy sharing this latest journal - I'm sticking to my idea of just HAVING FUN ...no pressure..... which is EXACTLY what I need right now!  Please let me know what you'd like to see more of here - it would be a big help! I'll be back very soon with some new Etsy items and some more arty stuff. Thank you for sticking with me and my slightly haphazard posting schedule! Sending out hugs to all of you  - MWAH! See you soon - Shroo :) xxx

16 comments:

  1. Yep - safe to say I'd be happy to read a feature on pretty much all of them. Ham and Eggs did make me chuckle :-)

    I'd love to see more of your spotlight on artists that inspired you posts. Because, yeah - my reading list isn't long enough!

    Lovely to see you back keep on having fun! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen! 'Ham & Eggs' seems popular! I'm glad - I enjoyed faffing about with that page...

      Thanks for your feeback - awesome as always :) I take your point and well-aimed nudge regarding the artists and will be putting a post up later today. There's a chance it may bankrupt you. Many books. And much lovely....but I have NO sympathy as I've already sold both my kidneys to pay for lovely books by this guy - and I regret NOTHING!!! Moowahaha! Hope you likes. Hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  2. All of your stuff is so Inspiring...anything you put up is always great to read or admire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say! That's totally cheered me up - thank you squillions xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I just love your art! I started making my journal from a book-per your tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy - you're an inspiration! Can't tell you how chuffed I am that you're making a journal! That's completely EPIC! And it's looking FABulous as well! I can't wait to see the finished article! Thank you for your support and mention on your wonderful blog - hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Well, I think they are all awesome, but I personally like the pig because he just looks happy ... and I like happy. It is certainly something we all need more of, so that is my vote ... more Happy. Like you I am on the fly. It seems like I am always on the fly so I don't know if there is ever a respite, but I am hoping there is one that will allow me to peruse your journal ... which I fully intend to do. When I have done that, I will be back with more to say ... Have a wonderful Spring day, Rachael ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH Andrea! I'm so glad you liked the piggy-wig picture. I had a lot of fun with that page and after reading your lovely comment, along with others here, I think I'll find some time this week to do a walk-through type thingy of techniques and materials in case that's helpful for anyone.

      I hope you've had some time to relax and have some fun - sending big hugs your way, Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  5. That pig has personality plus, Rachael... definitely you should "have fun" more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a very smiley face - given that he's called 'Ham', he's very optimistic! I enjoyed making that page - glad you liked it too. Sending hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love the happy looking pig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr smiley pig is a popular little chap! I'm glad he's made you happy! Big hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  7. All is so beautiful.. I adore the pig! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so lovely to find a comment from you. Your blog is such a lovely place to visit and always inspirational so I'm thrilled that you like some of my work. Thank you so much - big hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I love the pig he looks such fun with his wonderful smile.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill - hope you're well! Thank you for your lovely happy comment - it's awesome to hear from you. Big hugs from Shroo :) xxx

      Delete