Wednesday 18 March 2015

Art Cards In My Etsy Shop

Back again!

Well....three hours sleep is better than nothin'! Would have been longer had the Colonel not landed on me like a furry sack of wet cement and woken me right up! Not to worry. I don't recall EVER having a regular sleep pattern so I'm used to this and a couple of snuggly hours in soft blankies with a hot water bottle is very refreshing! Things only get dodgy after a five+ day run without sleep - that's when the world goes a bit 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' as my mind makes up a toon world that'd make Walt Disney weep bitter tears of envy into his cryogenic chamber! Can't complain - there are flying blue toon bunnies. Aaaaawesome!

So, against the odds I have managed STUFF today....nooooooo, no vacuuming still.... I'm writing that off for the week with all hopes for next Monday, but let's not hold our breath there! I've picked up the big bits. That'll do fer now!

I HAVE, however, listed my new Etsy stock - a range of little art cards/tiles (each slightly larger than an ATC or ACEO). I had such fun making them and I'm quite pleased with the colourful results. Best part is that they don't cost a kidney to ship! WOO! So, without further ado, here they are -

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WorldofShroo

I'm quite nervous - I've not listed these little things before so I am going to keep fingers crossed and hope that people like them enough to buy them. Wish me luck!

My next project will be to make some more journals - all the elements are ready so I have no excuse!

I still like Etsy... I have sold on Ebay for years as part of my old job and they're a nightmare. Etsy, by comparison, are far more reliable - and a hell of a lot cheaper! There are some incredible shops on there and some GORGEOUS unique works of art. I thought I'd just take the opportunity to share just few favourites - click the picks to visit some splendid arty Etsy shops. These belong to some lovely fellow bloggers:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PattiVanderbloemen?page=1
Patti Vanderbloemen's Shop
Karin's Shop - GinkgoetCoquelicot
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/threadnoodle?ref=pr_faveshops
Isobel's Shop - Threadnoodle
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KathyinozarksFibers?ref=pr_faveshops
Kathy's Shop - KathyinozarksFibers
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KilnFiredArt
Jill's Shop - Kiln Fired Art

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/fairychamber?ref=l2-shop-info-name
Niina's Shop - Fairychamber Fantasy Art & Illustrations

Just a taster of what's available!

Ok - that's me for today. The Colonel's fixing me with his gimlet stare - I suspect that it's cuddle time, which means that he'll plonk his furry bum and prickly claws on my knee again....wonder how long it'll be before my legs lose all sensation! Kitties....what can ya do eh? Thank you for stopping by again! Sending hugs from me and gravelly purrs from The Colonel - see you soon! Shroo :) xxx

20 comments:

  1. YOUR cards are just awesome.. each single piece!
    Wish you luck with selling them!
    Hope your sleep better now.. gosh this is not good for you - take care-
    a good sleep is so necessary!

    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have fingers crossed for some sales - that would be awesome! Sleep is SO good ,,,,I tend to go for quite a while without much then for no reason my body and brain just shut down and I'll sleep for 48 hours straight - barring interruptions from The Colonel and his rumbly 'feed me' tummy! Used to it by now! Thank you for being gorgeously lovely - hugs from Shroo:)xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh..these are so magical and adorable paintings. I just faved your etsy-shop. You can find mine here http://www.etsy.com/shop/fairychamber . Do you make commission art journals? I might order one from you in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina! You're HAPPILY added to the post now! I'd be honoured to make you a journal - I'll contact you via your blog of awesomeness and you can let me know what you're looking for ok? Big squooshy fairy-folk hugs from Shroo:)xxx

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful! I'm so glad you decided to share them with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOU ANNE!!!! Hello you phenomenal star you! Thank you for lovely commentyness - it's SO GOOD to hear from you!! GREAT BIG HUGS from Shroo:)xxx

      Delete
  4. I love love your new art pieces Rachael--I favorited some arleady. love the one Mine can you get those little easels wholesale? those would be cool to go with your art pieces.
    Thank you sooo much for sharing my handwoven, and other shops too-I am off to go visit -I have not done that in awhile-I love all the "temptations" on etsy.
    so happy you were able to get a little sleep too bad about the Colonel-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today's post made so happy! Your shops is BURSTING a with color! Love every single one! Congratulations!!

    You are a sweetheart for including my bracelet in your post...many, many thank!

    Hugs back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for adding one of my fairie-girls. I'll e-mail you about the art journals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous! I am particularly taken with Hamlet-Cat. Thanks for the Etsy suggestions too, I'm off to check them out now

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your update! ADORE it. So full of colour and humour and they made me smile huge smiles today.

    Loving your shop suggestions too - you wonderful being you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cards are so nice! Very comic bookish in ways that really compliments youth. You should keep churning out those things, as they give a distinct flavor to the Etsy market. Just use all your online means to really distribute and feature those in as many venues as possible. Thanks for sharing that, Rachael! Kudos and more power to you!

    Andrea Hart @ LeetWeb

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhhh they're nice, I've just checked out your etsy shop and you've some good stuff there. Its a really good idea to offer small inexpensive stuff. These are so pretty I'm sure they will sell. Last year when I was trying to sell my stuff every where I went people seemed to have a spending limit of about £25 which meant most people ended up buying cheap prints. But this way they get something original for a good price, great idea, good luck selling .:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These art cards are just lovely ... I'm sure you will sell them.
    I have to admit, art cards have been calling my name for a while ... just don't know where to start... drawn or fibre ? One day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, just found this post! I hope your cards do well, bound to! And thank you for adding me to your list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shroo, hope all is ok, noticed you not posted for couple weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for your lovely and inspiring comments! So sorry not to have been about for the last few weeks but coming back and reading these words really makes me feel motivated and positive! You're all completely fabulous and you all get extra hugs from Shroo:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You are such a versatile artist! Scanning your items is like traveling from one rainbow to another. Hahaha! Your works are so colorful and powerful. I really love them! In any way, I'm wishing you and your Etsy shop all the best, Rachael! Keep it up!

    Ann Boone @ Apex Business Team

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you’ve been working really hard these days, and it shows in your works. It’d be best if you keep up with your sleep though, since a healthy lifestyle is very important. Anyway, thanks for sharing!


    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete