Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Treats :- All Seasons Hand-Painted Treasure Box

Fa-la-la-la-laaaaaaa! Yep - still festive here!

How's that turkey lookin'? A little sparse I bet! Well, I'm here to distract you with more by way of Christmas catch-up! I promised in my last post that there'd be more of that LOVELY treasure chest that my mum made for me, because she is the Empress of all Awesomeness and she's sooooo talented. You liked her lovely Yule dancer so much that I thought you'd enjoy sharing this latest wondrous piece of gorgeousness with me too.

So picture Christmas morning... mum and I still in our snuggly jammies wrapped up in brand new fluffy blankies (courtesy of my lovely neighbours - who are epic) while my kitty tried to play with ALL his new dollies at the same time, high as he was on copious amounts of nip...  There's always a build-up of excitement as mum and I always leave the pressies we've made for each other 'til the very end - a grand finale! This year, my last parcel was a big cube. Hmmm....what could it be? I opened it and -

 I so love this! Christmas fairies! She says it's a treasure box for all seasons.  It has pride of place on the shelves in my bedroom. I love it so much! I'm not sure of all the things she used to make her beautiful illustrations - I know she'll have used her Derwent Inktense pencils and a selection of acrylics and gouache paints as well as twinkly glitter... I'll ask her and add any details in a paragraph at the end of this post asap.

Hope you enjoyed that - I'll be back again tomorrow with another festive update about hand-painted wrapping paper and pom-poms!  See you soon, bug hugs from Shroo :) xxx

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! I'm a little jealous that your mum is so awesome! Actually, you're awesome too so you deserve each other. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! That's such a lovely thing to say!! Awwww! You brought a li'l tear to my eye, so you did! Bless your heart! You're pretty damned awesome yourself ya know! Huge hugs for a spectacular 2014 - Shroo:)xxx

      Delete
  2. How fabulous was that!! She must have put so much love in to making that for you :) Lovely to have things to treasure from special people in our lives :)
    Happy New Year
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything mum makes for me is epic. Always has been. She always sent me little messages with my school lunches with little fairies on. Or made cards for me when I stayed at my grandparents' house when she had to work. She's pretty darned fabulous! Thank you for being completely lovely - best wishes for 2014 - Shroo:)xxx

      Delete
  3. If your Mum doesn't have a blog - she flipping should have! This is amazing! Christmas fairies with attitude! Perfect for you - that's all I'm saying :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! She's incredible! I've told her that I'm quite happy to sort a blog out for her and she just starts shuffling her feet and being grumpy! I think she's bloomin' epic! I' so glad that you and other awesome people of awesomenesshave commented on her art - that way she KNOWS it's not just me being biased! I'll scan in the things she gave me for new year asap and blog 'em. *adds to task list...*

      Delete